Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Changes

It's funny how looking back can make you realize just how stupid you were and how it can humble you more than you ever imagined.  Friday night I ran into a guy that i knew in high school and reality hit. Everyone had told me that he had changed and he's now a pastor but it didn't sink in.  till i saw him that is.  someone i never pictured walking into church, carrying a Bible or even wearing a suit.  when i saw him that night i realized that i had never been the Christian i should've been in front of him.  don't tell me that guilt can't bring you down to where you should be because it hit me like a rock.  i had always been the type that if you verbally attacked me i fought back and now i realize just how wrong i was.  i wasn't the loving Christian that i was taught to be but instead I was the one who came right back at you many times with words meant to hurt not heal.  oh how God will make you realize just how foolish you were.  what has bothered me even more since then is the fact that i look back and think about the fact that had he died before two years ago his blood would have easily been on my hands because I knew what God expected and i never witnessed to him nor did i ever live the way i should have.  When you have God show you someone from your past that you could have been held accountable for it changes how you look at things.  this has made me realize that i can't just say that i'm a Christian but i have to live it everyday.  i knew this before but oh how real it becomes when God let's you see what might have been had He not been merciful.  see i could clearly see this person standing at the judgment seat had he died before he was saved asking me why i hadn't told him about the Lord.  trust me it's not worth having to face this just so you can live however you want to in this world.  Don't make my mistakes. if you are a Christian don't just say it live it.  You never know what God has instore and if someday they become a member of the family of God you don't wanna look back and have to ask yourself was i who i should have been.  live for Christ always. be kind even when you don't want to be.
Luke 6:35-36 But love ye your enemies and do good and lend hoping for nothing again and your reward shall be great and ye shall be the children of the Highest for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.  Be ye therefore merciful as your Father also is merciful

No comments:

Post a Comment