Friday, August 28, 2009

Beautiful things from the word of God

First let me say it is always wonderful when God shows us things out of His word. Two things He's showed me here lately has been during my morning devotions. The first comes from Matthew 16:28 which says Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom. Jesus was telling His disciples that some would see heaven before death. Ain't it amazing to look at the last book of the Bible and realize that John was there when Jesus said this and then later on He wrote the book of Revelation. Most of you I'm sure have never heard the argument that the John who wrote St John I, II & III John is different from the John who wrote Revelation. Well I'm sorry to say that those who argue this are wrong. The opening of Revelation plainly states that John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. So isn't wonderful to see the connections in the Bible and to realize once again that you can only interpret the Bible by the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment