Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The peace that comes with surrender

It's amazing how much peace God has blessed me with over the past few weeks. I'm slowly learning what my place in life is according to the Bible and oddly enough it brings me to a point where I can accept myself for who I am and for who and what God has called me to be. You know it's strange the further I've gone into what God wants from me the more I realize that I don't need a man right now. Don't get me wrong dating and possible getting married one day sounds great but I'm wonderfully happy just depending on God to be the love of my life. He showed me yesterday that part of the reason He has kept me single is the fact that He has things such as Grad school in store for me where the fact that I'm a women can be hard enough (so I've heard) but not only that I need to focus on church and school right now and worry about one thing at a time. I've been blessed so wonderfully with parents who are supporting me (in their own way) but also with the understanding to look at others and learn from them. For example one of my best friends has a boyfriend and she is wonderfully happy but on the other hand my best friend here at home is single and has to a certain point been disowned by her family and is a lot of the time stressed out. At the same time I look at them and I see the difference that having the Lord in your life can make. I am so grateful for parents who raised me according to the Bible even if they are a little overprotective at times. My advice to all who read this look around you and you'll see just how wonderfully blessed you are by God. "I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lendeth; and his seed is blessed." Psalm 37:25-26 I agree with the psalmist I'm not that old but I have slowly watch God remove His hand from this nation but you know I've never seen where His people weren't taken care of physically and spiritually. He is so merciful to us because He could have just as easily turned on this nation and put us into captivity just as He did Israel but He has blessed this nation and had spared this nation because of the righteous and because of the prayers of the saints. We mustn't forget how easily this country could be destroyed without the protection of God and we as Christians must remember how blessed we are by God to have the freedom to worship Him because even though it seems like we are persecuted and I have no doubt that we are but we haven't seen how bad it can be. Lord I ask that You would always remind me when I complain about things here that there are Christians in other lands who don't have the same freedoms I do and that You would always remind me how that even with the persecution they risk their lives daily to work in Your harvest and to worship You. Help me keep in focus how important it is that I live by Your Word and that I never back down from standing on Your Word. I love You Lord and I praise You for all You've done. Please forgive me for not seeing Your blessings in my life and around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment