Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hard choices

You know we all face times when we're not really sure what the right choice is and alot of times we end up having to examine and weigh the cost of the choices we make. This story is one that I rarely share but I believe that maybe somehow this will help you see who I am and what God has done in me. It was the fall of 2007 when I met Andy. He was and is a great guy but instead of letting God lead me I allowed my emotions to guide my thinking. When I met Andy everything started out as innocent as could be but it wasn't long before the relationship even though it was not physical became sinful at least on my part. Andy and I had been "together" (everyone thought we were dating but we weren't) for a couple of months when we went over to the school gym so he could work out I was just there so he'd have someone to talk to. Everything was going fine until we went in the weight room where he decided to work out without a shirt on which was fine for him but for me that was the point that threw me off the cliff so to speak from caring to lust. I remember that night because I was so far off the edge that I had to walk out of the weight room and call a good Christian friend of mine to walk me through it. It scared me more than anything ever has because I knew without God using Crystal to walk me through everything that night could have been the night that ruined my whole entire testimony. See for those who don't really know me I've never been kissed or anything else but that night I was more than willing to forget about my raising and my commitment to God to be pure until I'm married and I was ready to turn my back on it all but thanks be to God for a good Christian friend who was able to remind me that if I lean on God I can fight whatever Satan throws at me and win. Now I'm stronger in the Lord than I've ever been because I realize that is a weakness for me but the Lord is still shaping me to be what He wants me to be. Now Andy and I are friends and I'm good friends with his girlfriend as well. God has blessed and strengthened me through that expierence even more than I could have imagined and I truly believe that He used this so I could understand how some of the ladies I've worked with in Honduras feel. I love my Lord and I thank Him for His grace and mercy towards me.

No comments:

Post a Comment